Universal Staffing Inc.
Are you a RED SEAL Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic looking for full-time work?
Reporting to the Operation Manager, the Heavy Equipment Licensed Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing various on-site machinery and motor vehicles at the landfill site.
WAGE: $30-35/h +4% vacation pay. Weekly payroll deposit every Friday!
HOURS: 7:00 AM-4:00 PM Monday to Friday. The odd Saturday may be required. Overtime paid after 44 hrs in a week. This is an ongoing full time year round position.
- Carry out passenger vehicles, heavy truck and trailer inspections.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance.
- Service machinery including fluid checks, sample pulling, filter checks, changing lubricants, greasing machine lube points, etc.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, diagnose, and repair machinery and components, including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train and A/C systems.
- Create work orders, purchase orders, and maintain detailed records of work performed on the in-house maintenance program.
- Ensure all specified instructions are carried out and completed.
- Ordering of appropriate parts and maintain inventory and other garage-related items.
- Follow and complete work orders and schedules as required by Operation Manager.
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas and tools in good condition.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Operation Manager and the Site Supervisor.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic with Red Seal Certification or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience on related equipment.
- Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of landfill equipment, operating methods, and preventive maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the job site traffic flow regulations concerning movement of heavy equipment and vehicles.
Safe work practices applicable to maintenance, construction, and equipment operation activities at a solid waste landfill.
- Equipment maintenance requirements and techniques.
- Types and characteristics of trash in material distribution and compaction.
- Fluent in English (French proficiency is considered an asset).
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, focusing on preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook.)
Please reply with attached resume or stop into our office at 232 St. George St. between 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday! Apply today!